Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympic Hockey Heaven – Gold Medal Game Edition…

Canada scores - Sid the Kid wins the Gold for Team Canada!

Congrats to Team Canada on a great game.

And congrats to Team USA - you made us so proud!

At the end of the 3rd, Team USA scores and ties it up. 2-2 and now we go to overtime.


I.

LOVE.

THIS.

GAME!

Another update, chil'ren!


USA scores! C-Money and this bitch are caught cheering Patrick Kane...freakish...but I'm claiming an Olympic exception.

Canada 2 USA 1...and this is one heck of a game!

Update at 3:12p - Team Canada scores again! 2-0 in the 2nd and the crowd is out of control. Team USA still in this, but we need to play our game.


Update at end of 1st period - still 1 - 0 Canada.

Great 1st period and we are still in this one!


Go Team USA!

Yay hockey!

Update at 2:35p - Canada scores! 1 - 0 in the 1st.


Are you ready to rumble?

Hell YES!

Team USA v Team Canada…the battle begins.

Team USA, with two of my beloved St. Louis Blues hockey players in the line-up, is ready and able.

Go Backes!

Go EJ!

Team Canada, with an impressive all-star line up of hockey gods, has tons of pressure and national pride on the line.

Add all that together with a splash of Don Cherry talking shit and you’ve got absolute hockey bliss!

Sigh.

Let the game begin!

2 comments:

Miss Trudy said...

I am not even watching the games, but I get such a kick out of your enthusiastic coverage! :o)

ChrisR said...

During the women's gold medal game, the U.S. was down 2-0 and on a power play. I emailed my brother, "Gotta score here." He replied that it was 3-1 in his house. Now I know who my sister-in-law, a native Canadian who played hockey at Cornell, was rooting for, but I really hope my niece and nephew were out and my sister-in-law was entertaining two visitors from home.

I eat up the winter Olympics. I find the biathlon totally absorbing. Whoever came up with the penalty lap for a missed shot is brilliant. I wince along with every biathlete when they miss.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...